The Association of Professional Engineers Australia has been publishing its Professional Engineers Employment and Remuneration Report for over 40 years. The report contains the most comprehensive, up-to-date information on engineering remuneration and work conditions available in Australia.
The report is available in two versions:
- The FREE to download summary report providing overall results from our annual 2019 Professional Engineer Employment and Remuneration Survey. Learn how employment conditions for engineers have been trending over the last 12 months. With chapters on remuneration, employment conditions, workplace issues, and more, it provides a clear picture of today’s engineering industry in Australia.
- The Full Report adds on to the free report with an in-depth analysis of engineer remuneration broken down by a wide range of demographics, including discipline, responsibility level, years of experience, qualification, job function, and much more. Available as a downloadable spreadsheet, our tables are the perfect benchmarking tool to keep organisations and individuals informed about today’s market rates for professional engineers.
The full report, including comprehensive benchmarking tables, is available for $330.00 (inc. GST). Members of Professionals Australia can purchase the report for the discounted price of $99.00.
When you purchase the report you also get access to Professionals Australia’s Engineer Remuneration Calculator allowing you to perform you own custom remuneration analysis.
“My workplace and direct manager have been very good to me in the last 12 months. My pay was adjusted to a new figure and then readjusted once I presented figures from the previous year’s Professionals Australia survey without contest.”
The Professional Engineers Employment and Remuneration Report is essential it:
- The detailed 72-page report and downloadable spreadsheet contain well over 100 tables of easy to navigate detailed analyses for Base Salary and Total Remuneration Package by responsibility level, job function, experience, discipline, qualification, sector, industry, turnover and geographic location. They also include information on the latest trends in remuneration packaging, industrial regulation and the Fringe Benefits Tax.
- Contains easy-to-read tables, breaking down Professional Engineer remuneration packages including costed out motor vehicle benefits, overtime, allowances, superannuation, car parking, and performance bonuses.
- Details annual salary movements across industries.
- Puts at your fingertips information on salaries paid for all major engineering disciplines including Chemical, Civil, Electrical, and Mechanical disciplines.
- Includes up-to-date data on hourly contract rates, and advises on trends in relevant economic and industrial issues likely to impact upon the employment contracts of professional engineers.
- Includes online access to all information contained within the report as a PDF, MS Excel file and an interactive, customisable, calculator for performing your own targeted analyses online in your browser from the Professionals Australia website. When you receive a copy of the report, you will be given a unique username and password valid until publication of the next report.
- Is run by Professionals Australia, which has conducted remuneration surveys of Australian engineering professionals since 1974.
The Professional Engineer Remuneration Survey Report contains base salary and total package salary information cross-referenced by the following criteria:
- Discipline of engineering
- Computer Systems
- Consulting/Technical Services
- Construction, Contract/Maintenance
- Mining or Quarrying
- Oil/Gas Exploration and Production
- Electricity/Gas Supply
- Public Administration
- Transport and Storage
- Wood/Furniture/Paper Production
- Chemical/Petroleum Production
- Non-metallic Mineral Production
- Basic Metal Products
- Steel Production
- Fabricated Metal Products
- Transport Equipment
- Photographic/Scientific Equipment
- Industrial Equipment
- Job function
- Construction Supervision
- Design and Equipment
- Production, Quality, Maintenance
- Project Study & Analysis
- Research & Development
- Sales & Marketing
- Teaching & Training
- Bachelor Degree
- Graduate Diploma
- Masters Degree
- Sector of employment
- Private sector
- Australian Public Service
- Australian Govt Instrumentality
- State Public Service
- State Govt Instrumentality
- Local Government
- States & territories
- New South Wales
- Australian Capital Territory
- South Australia
- Western Australia
- Northern Territory
- Capital city vs regional location
- Responsibility Level
- Years of experience
- Private sector turnover
The Professional Engineer Remuneration Survey Report is published as a downloadable 66-page pdf containing in-depth analysing Base Salary & Total Package across numerous variables, as well as a downloadable MS Excel spreadsheet. Purchasers receive access to both files, as well as access to an interactive online database to perform custom analyses via the Professionals Australia website all for one price.
The report is available for $330 (inc. GST). Overseas purchases are GST exempt, but a postage and handling fee of $10 applies. Professionals Australia members can purchase the report at the discounted rate of $99 (inc. GST), limited to one copy per member. The Report can be ordered online, via secure e-commerce. All amounts shown are in Australian dollars ($AUD).
All purchasers should familiarise themselves with the Terms and Conditions of purchase before ordering.
For more information about the Professional Engineer Remuneration Survey Report, contact:
GPO Box 1272, Melbourne VIC 3001
Phone: 03 9695 8839
Fax: 03 9695 8846
ABN: 99 589 872 974