Our team is dedicated to providing the services and advice you need to get ahead in your profession and build an amazing career.
Joining a union isn’t just about having someone in your corner when you need help. The Association of Professional Engineers (APEA) also offers members opportunities for accreditation and continuing professional development, as well as a wide range of services and benefits.
What’s more, APEA provides members with a strong, collective voice to campaign for better pay and working conditions – and therefore a better future.
Here are just a few reasons why you should click Join Now:
Join us to help engineer a better future for your profession
APEA provides advocacy, partnership and support to the engineering community. Our track record speaks for itself. In 2019, we helped to lobby for the introduction of a new registration scheme for engineering in Victoria. The Professional Engineers Registration Act 2019
will require engineers who are providing professional services, or who are exporting professional engineering services from Victoria, to be registered.
We influence public policy
Below is a snapshot of some of our recent campaigns. We will continue to advocate strongly for Australia’s engineers so that the appropriate recognition and support become the status quo industry-wide.
- Professionals Australia’s Better Infrastructure document details the single biggest issue impacting Australian infrastructure: Waste. The report also details a range of solutions which we are taking to governments around the nation.
- Our campaign for Integrity in Defence calls on the federal government to guarantee national security and keep personnel safe. How? By increasing Australia’s engineering and technical capacity, we can better deliver and maintain defence capability.
- Our Business of Skilled Migration report details the importance of skilled migration in filling skills shortages in our national engineering capacity.
Offer legal and industrial represetation and advice
If you are dealing with a workplace issue, we are here to help. Our team of lawyers and industrial officers offer expert advice on your wages, conditions and your rights.
Professional Development and member benefits
Not only does APEA lobby the government, as a member you’ll get:
- Continuing professional development opportunities and access to industry-recognised accreditation programs;
- member-only discounts on groceries, fuel, cinema and consumer goods at some of Australia’s largest retailers;
- savings on a rage of insurance policies; and
- financial planning and advice.
to join APEA and start your journey to a better future today.