VIC and ACT engineer registration – what’s happening in those states?

The Victorian and Australian Capital Territory Government’s have both committed to establishing a mandatory engineer registration, mirroring the Queensland scheme. 

What that means is that if you’re a professional engineer in Victoria or the ACT, soon you’ll be required to get registered.

These schemes will be similar to the Queensland model, where assessment entities undertake your assessment, then a Government authority provides the actual accreditation.

If you want to get ahead of the curve, you can seek registration now through RPEng. That means when it’s time to become registered with the state, the process will be quicker and simpler.


APEA currently has a special offer we’ll waive the $300/$500 assessment fee for new members.